facebook pixel
24/7/365 Customer Service  
Always there

for you...

Fuel Assistance

Fuel Assistance photo

Fuel Assistance

New Hampshire Fuel Assistance


If you are behind on your utility bills or facing financial challenges due to COVID-19 and need help, you can apply for assistance at www.capnh.org. See also this flyer. 


If you need help finding food, paying housing bills, or other essential services, dial 211 from any NH phone, to speak to someone who can help.

If you or someone you know is having trouble paying for heat during the winter season, the Office of Energy and Planning Fuel Assistance Program (FAP) may be able to provide some relief. Download a fuel assistance application and income guidelines here. 


The Office of Energy and Planning (OEP) is responsible for the statewide administration of the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Block Grant (LIHEAP), referred to as the Fuel Assistance Program. LIHEAP is federally funded through the US Department of Health and Human Services. OEP in turn contracts with six local Community Action Agencies (also known as CAAs) to provide service to eligible households.


As funds become available, the Fuel Assistance Program provides benefits to qualified New Hampshire households to assist with heating costs. Renters and homeowners are eligible for the Fuel Assistance Program.

For more information, contact the Community Action Agency in your area or:

  • Tri-County Cap - Mt. Washington Valley Area (603)323-7400
  • Tri-County Cap - Ashland Area (603)968-3560
  • Tri-County Cap - Woodsville Area (603)747-3013

go to www.tccap.org


We Recommend Establishing a Budget Plan


The White Mountain Oil & Propane Easy Payment Budget Plan provides customers with level monthly payments all year long. Your annual fuel consumption is estimated and the total cost is then spread evenly across 12 months to provide a convenient way to manage your energy costs. Our experience has shown that customers who budget their fuel expenses have an easier time keeping their accounts current.


Additional Assistance can be found through the NH Bureau of Elderly and Adult Services


The Bureau of Elderly and Adult Services provides a variety of social and long-term supports to adults age 60 and older, and to adults between the ages of 18 and 60 who have a chronic illness or disability. They have resources for heating assistance and more information can be obtained at the DHHS website.